|Home||» Services||» OSHA Assessment and Monitoring Service||» Local Exhaust Ventilation System Assessment|
Local Exhaust Ventilation System Assessment
Local Exhaust Ventilation System Assessment services are provided to protect the health of individuals by assessing hazardous materials. As per USECHH Reg. 2000, Part V, under clause “Action to Control Exposure”, a control measure by Application of Engineering Control Equipment needs to be maintained and tested at regular intervals for controlling the exposure effectively.
According to Section 17. USECHH Reg.2000, a worker should inspect the GEV and LEV once in a month. The system should be examined for effectiveness by Industrial hygienist once in a year. We have experienced technicians that conduct every single task with unmatched excellence within the decided time-frame.
Assessment of LEV:
- Accurate assessment of control exercised level over airborne contaminants
- Comprehensive report detailing current legislation and recommendations are provided
- Different tests like vane and hot wire anemometers, smoke visualization tubes and pitot tubes are conducted
- Measurement of capture velocities
- Measurement of static pressure, face velocity, duct velocity as well as velocity pressure for examining the performance of the system
- Observation of operators to make them control measures correctly
- Smoke test for checking leakage in the system
- Test results are compared to original designs given in ACGIH
- Visual inspection of the system to determine physical conditions